At the end of August I turned 21, so I decided to do one of those posts with things I have learnt over the years.
1. Enjoy the little things and don’t take them for granted.
2. “Coolness” comes from confidence, not having the best of anything or everything.
3. Don’t be embarrassed about being yourself. The people that “judge” you do not have any real effect on your life and are generally to immersed in themselves to pay any real attention anyway.
4. Having three real good friends is better than having a lot of fake friends.
5. Do not let toxic people have an affect on you, letting them out of your life is also an option.
6. Take care of yourself. You only get one body and one mind.
7. Drinking water helps everything.
8. Do more of what makes you happy.
9. If you want something bad enough, the only obstacle is you. And you are only one that can work for it.
10. Sometimes you need to be selfish and do what is best for you
11. Want and need is two very different things.
12. Positive thinking works if you stop complaining about everything.
13. Your family will always be there to pick you up after a fall.
14. Your parents probably had very good reasons for everything, even if you disagree with it at the time.
15. Sometimes shit happens, pick yourself up and move on. Hakuna Matata.
16. High schools really should have a “life management class”. One that teaches you all the important things such as paying bills, how to manage tax and super, etc etc.
17. Learning comes from experience, failure and unexpected gains.
18. Sometimes you need to leave your comfort zone. I would have a lot more experiences with university and high school if I had just started talking to people rather than stayed in my comfort bubble.
19. Life is not a movie, you have to work for your dreams.
20. Acknowledge the beauty in the world, its one of those small things.
21. Life is what you make of it, so do the best you can.